Re: A question about OCTAVE_BINDIR

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: A question about OCTAVE_BINDIR
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 09:58:20 -0500

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 14:37:57 +0100, Julien Bect wrote:
> If I start Octave after a fresh build (with run-octave) and try to build a
> MEX-file, I get the following error :
>
>     error: mkoctfile: unable to find the mkoctfile command, Octave
> installation is incomplete

Expected behavior, the mex, mkoctfile, and pkg install commands all
require you to have done a "make install" of Octave before using them.

If you haven't done "make install", I believe also running mkoctfile
from the shell will also fail, because it will try to link mex or oct
files against Octave libraries in the install path.

Using ./run-octave is really just for running tests and making sure
the build worked, it isn't expected to be a fully functional Octave
working environment.

HTH,

--
mike