Re: Win32 CTRL-C handling (Was: interrupt handing and the GUI (bug #3767

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Win32 CTRL-C handling (Was: interrupt handing and the GUI (bug #37672))
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 13:32:16 -0500

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11/19/2013 08:01 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

That's because when using the GUI, no signal is really generated at the
OS-level. The signal is raised in the octave process; bu raising a
signal in Win32 simply means executing its handler. So SIGINT is not
seen by the child processes. I tried to use GenerateConsoleCtrlEvent,
but it exited octave instead of executing the ctrl-c handler. There's
something I'm missing there, this requires further investigation.

But don't you have the same issue in Linux? Or does pthread_kill
propagates to child processes?

I see.  Yes, it is the same problem in the GUI.  But it works with the CLI version on Linux, but not on my Windows build.

I'll see whether I can change that.

Actually, when running CLI version (MSVC-build) in a windows command prompt, I'm able to interrupt "system ('sleep 10')" with CTRL-C.

Michael.