Re: (The last) missing translation strings

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: (The last) missing translation strings
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 17:37:54 +0100

Torsten wrote:
On 24.11.2013 13:22, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
With yesterday's dev version (Nov 23) I see that in all translations (NL, DE,
FR, ...) the column headers in the File Browser pane still appear in
English; as do the strings there on the right-click menu.

On my system, the column headers as well as its context menu appear
correctly translated into German. In the nl-NL.ts file I can see that
the context menu entries already have translations. The headers are not
named by octave code but by qt itself and qt hasn't a dutch translation.

You're right, with today's build I see the RMB menu is in Dutch (and German and ...) as well, it's only the column headers that still are in English.

In the "Browse directory" pane (the magnifier icon on the main menu bar)
there is no translation at all (incl. the right-click menu).
BTW the icon pop-up (when hovering above the icon) says "Browse directories"
but the pane itself is titled "Set working directory".

The dialog is a qt dialog, so it is not translated. If we want to
translate the strings that are included in the qt-code itself I will
find the related files and also scan those files when updating the
language files.

Would be neat, but it is up to you to decide, I have no definite opinion.
I was just checking the Dutch translation by the "clicking on everything in sight" method when I hit this one.

Concerning the different names, we can set both strings to the same
value, the translation system should be able to handle this.

What do we think about translating the contents of the "About Octave"
pop-up?  (Help | About Octave)

Seems the tr () function was forgotten (long time ago) when implementing
the about message. IMHO we should translate the "about" message.

I think so too.

Thanks,

Philip