Re: Default editor fonts

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Default editor fonts
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 21:13:31 +0100

On 24.11.2013 11:09, Torsten wrote:
> On 24.11.2013 07:41, PrasannaKumar Muralidharan wrote:
>> Just an idea from user's point of view. Why not use the system's
>> default font? It will integrate with the system easily.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> PrasannaKumar
>
> One reason (are there other ones?) why we are not taking the default
> font is that on windows only few fonts are suitable in the console.
>
> Wait, I think changeset
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/3a17dd5964e3
> solves this issue and I use my latest mxe build on windows with "Courier
> New" configured for the console and it does not show the cursor position
> offset anymore.
>
> Can we completely drop setting the terminal font to Lucida Console in
> configure and take the systems default monospaced font?
>
> Torsten

I have pushed changeset
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/b001d9e9fd17
that adds macros to the default-qt-settings.in for the terminal and
editor fonts. These macros are replaced at runtime by the default
monospaced system font.

Doing so, the variables %DEFAULT_TERMINAL_FONT_SIZE% and
%DEFAULT_TERMINAL_FONT% which are determined during configure aren't
required anymore and we could drop making default-qt-settings from
default-qt-settings.in during the build process.

Torsten