Re: Readline patch for high CPU usage

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Readline patch for high CPU usage
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 14:26:09 -0500

On 11/29/2013 11:30 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
Hi,

Here's a patch that solves the high CPU usage of readline under Win32
and also allow to interrupt readline in CLI mode. This works for me with
MSVC. Could anybody have this tested in MinGW?

It seems to work for me.

The task manager shows the CPU usage at between 4-10%.  I can
interrupt readline in the CLI version of Octave.

A separate issue I've been having recently is that starting Octave
by double-clicking "octave" from the Windows file browser doesn't
start the CLI version of Octave.  Instead it seems to start the GUI
(if the qt-settings file is not present, I get the welcome wizard) but
then the GUI doesn't actually start.

Also, when I run "octave-gui" I the window is not shown initially and
when I click on the icon in the task bar it brings up a small window
in the upper left area of my screen that has to be resized.