Re: canonicalize_file_name simplification?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: canonicalize_file_name simplification?
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 14:48:46 -0500

On 12/03/2013 02:08 PM, Rik wrote:

In liboctave/file-ops.cc there is a 4-way #ifdef test to determine whether
there is some sort of function we can use for canonicalize_file_name.  The
end result is that I am seeing very different behavior between Linux and
__WIN32__ platforms.  Given that we have adopted gnulib and are using the
canonicalize module, can't we just call gnulib::canonicalize_file_name and
let it sort out which function to call?

It looks to me like gnulib's function does all of this work itself instead of calling the functions that Octave is using.

Making this change is OK with me if it works properly on Windows and OS X systems.