Re: doc macro errors

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: doc macro errors
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 11:12:31 -0500

On 12/04/2013 11:05 AM, Rik wrote:
On 12/04/2013 06:09 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Message: 6
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 14:08:48 +0000
From: "Robinson, Melvin D" <address@hidden>
To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
Subject: Build errors

Over the past several days I have been getting numerous build errors of this
sort

./grammar.texi:130: recursive call of macro qcode is not allowed; use @rmacro
if needed
./install.texi:1071: recursive call of macro qcode is not allowed; use @rmacro
if needed
./install.texi:1072: recursive call of macro qcode is not allowed; use @rmacro
if needed
./emacs.texi:256: recursive call of macro qcode is not allowed; use @rmacro if
needed
./emacs.texi:395: recursive call of macro qcode is not allowed; use @rmacro if
needed

Any idea what might be causing these?
What version of Texinfo are you using?  What version of the code are you
trying to compile (use hg id to get the Mercurial ID for the exact
changeset ).  The .texi files are in the doc/interpreter directory.  Try
taking one of the instances above and looking in the file at the line
number indicated to see if there really is a recursive call using the
@qcode macro.

With Texinfo 4.13a and hg id 42c3e30557a4 on the stable branch I don't get
any warnings.

I'm using Texinfo 5.2 and have seen these error messages but they
don't happen all the time.  I don't think they have heppened with a
clean build, so I haven't bothered to track down what is causing them.