Re: rc1 and qt-gnuplot

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: rc1 and qt-gnuplot
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 02:25:47 -0600

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 2:03 AM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden> wrote:

That's not happening here.  Can you give more detail and try a few things?  E.g.,

What OS are you running on?

fedora 19 x86_64

Does the --no-gui option when launching octave have the same broken pipe issue?

No problem in no-gui octave.

After changing the graphics toolkit to gnuplot, are you seeing a valid process in the "ps" list for gnuplot?

No and I I do not believe I should.
But if I do say

>> graphics_toolkit gnuplot
>> figure 1
warning: broken pipe

then I get a defunct gnuplot process.

(but at least I get an octave prompt and can quit cleanly, if I do "plot(randn(3))" I have to kill -9 the
octave process)

I use a self-compile recent cvs version of gnuplot. It has a separate gnuplot_qt (similar to gnuplot_x11),
so running gnuplot and doing say "plot sin(x)" results in two process "gnuplot" and "gnuplot_qt".
I am not sure if the older versions were like that as well, or may be this is a qt4 thing.
E.g. doing the same with  wxt terminal produces only a "gnuplot" process.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.