Re: Octave 3.8.0-rc1: comments

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave 3.8.0-rc1: comments
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 16:34:12 +0100

On 5 Dec 2013, at 15:53, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi, I wasn't complaining just reporting.
> Since the bug is known and the thread is quite active I would label it
> as an XFAIL. Though I do not know if this follow the convention.
>
> Cheers

This raises an interesting (yet probably not very important) question
about the proposed branch subdivision.

As it is decided that this bug won't be fixed in the 3.8 release and that
there will probably not be another 3.8.x release, it would probably make
sense to mark this as an XFAIL in the stable branch but not on the default
branch ...

But how can that be done? If the stable branch is periodically merged to
default the change would propagate to that branch too ...

c.