[cygwin] Octave-3.8.0-rc1: doc nearly built

From: CdeMills
Subject: [cygwin] Octave-3.8.0-rc1: doc nearly built
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 09:51:40 -0800 (PST)

I exchanged a few E-Mails with Marco; the issue in cygwin is the failure of
run-octave. I've nearly managed to build the doc:
1) build octave, it fails when lauching run-octave to generate graphs
2) 'make install': the main executable, libs and so on are copied
3) copy doc/interpreter/macros.texi to $PREFIX/share/octave/3.8.0-rc1/etc
4) replace run-octave by this simpler script:
#! /bin/sh
$PREFIX/bin/octave "$@"

5) make install-info => OK

6) make install-pdf: tex stops with this error:
l.97 @flushright @image{octave_logo,2.1in}

It seems octave_logo.eps and octave_logo.pdf are not produced before
octave.dvi compilation is launched.

Pressing a key continues the processing, the net result is a document of 906
pages. Due to the previous error the "install" target fails. How can I just
produce the two logo files ?

The good result is that the help system inside octave is working

Regards

Pascal