Re: RC1 problems

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: RC1 problems
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 22:55:35 -0500

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 19:30:23 -0500, Doug Stewart wrote:
> I now have
> configure: WARNING: LLVM was not found or is to old.  JIT compiler is
> disabled.
> configure: WARNING: JAVA_HOME environment variable not initialized.
>  Auto-detection will proceed but is unreliable.
>
> /I am using Ubuntu 12.04/
> /
> /
> How do I install a newer version of  LLVM   Ubuntu is supplying  llvm2.9

Rik also builds with LLVM on 12.04. Try installing llvm-3.2-dev, make
sure you have the precise-updates apt repository enabled. You'll also
need to configure with LLVM_CONFIG=/usr/bin/llvm-config-3.2 to make it
pick up that version. That can either be set in your environment or
passed as an argument like

  ./configure LLVM_CONFIG=/usr/bin/llvm-config-3.2

See also bug #40705.

Hope that works for you.

--
mike

 Z libraries:                 -lz

  Default pager:               less
  gnuplot:                     gnuplot

  Build Octave GUI:                   yes
  JIT compiler for loops:             yes
  Build Java interface:               yes
  Do internal array bounds checking:  no
  Use octave_allocator:               no
  Build static libraries:             no
  Build shared libraries:             yes
  Dynamic Linking:                    yes (dlopen)
  Include support for GNU readline:   yes
  64-bit array dims and indexing:     no

address@hidden:~/octave380rc1/octave-3.8.0-rc1$

Thank you very much for your kind help Mike. I now hove no warnings !!!!

I did find a problem with RC1 and will put it in a bug report.
it is:
 when the edit window is detached, and then when after you work in the editor, and then click back on the command window , the focus does not move to the command window, but stays on the editor window.

--
DAS