Safety of enabling JIT

From: Susi Lehtola
Subject: Safety of enabling JIT
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 00:33:14 +0200

Hi,

configure reports
  --enable-jit            (EXPERIMENTAL) enable JIT compiler
but this seems to be the default when llvm is available.

How safe is the option nowadays? Can we enable it for the Fedora
package?

Also, there still seems to be the configure option
  --enable-openmp         (EXPERIMENTAL) use OpenMP SMP multi-threading
although there never has really been any support for this in the source
code; I can't find any OpenMP sections in the code with a quick grep.
--
Susi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor