Re: patch coloring help

From: Rik
Subject: Re: patch coloring help
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 10:48:57 -0800

On 12/09/2013 09:09 AM, Roberto Fabio Leonarduzzi wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I see the same results with all 3 matlab renderers (painters, opengl and
> zbuffer). See the attached files.
>
> I used print with options -painters, -opengl and -zbuffer to select the
> renderer. I'm running matlab 7.2 on opensuse 12.1.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Roberto

12/9/13

So, the situation seems to be that UNIX and Linux with two different
versions of Matlab produce a diagonal that runs from the lower-left to
upper-right.  This was independent of backend renderer.  For Mac, the
diagonal runs from upper-left to lower-right, although this may not have
been with the OpenGL renderer backend.

With my patch, I can get either diagonal by reordering the vertices.

set (h, 'faces', [1 2 3 4]);   % Produces a Mac diagonal
set (h, 'faces', [4 3 2 1]);   % Produces a UNIX diagonal

Does anyone have access to Matlab on Windows to test the behavior there?

--Rik