Re: 3.8.0-rc1 make check failures on Fedora rawhide

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 3.8.0-rc1 make check failures on Fedora rawhide
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 22:13:19 -0500

On 12/11/2013 09:44 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
On 12/11/2013 03:23 PM, Rik wrote:
On 12/10/2013 08:34 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
I'd like to avoid unnecessary failures in the tests on systems without a
display.

What is the best way to do that? Fix "testif HAVE_FLTK" to only succeed
if FLTK is both available and can be used? Allow the test to pass (or
fail?) if the display is not available? Something else?

IMO - the test should report "SKIPPED". For packagers it is helpful to
do a quick of the test output and check for failures and check those.
Skipped indicates that some condition wasn't met for the test, which is
appropriate (no DISPLAY).

If we want that behavior, then we have to do it with something like %!testif HAVE_DISPLAY, not a conditional inside the test, because once a test is executed the only options are success or failure. It's too late at that point to report a status of "skipped".