Re: constant folding considered harmful

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: constant folding considered harmful
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 00:42:53 -0500

On 12/13/2013 12:36 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
Does anyone object to removing constant folding from the parser?  My
guess is that it will have minimal impact on peformance while making
the parser a bit simpler and allowing it to be correct in more cases,
especially if we implement operator overloading for built-in classes.

jwe
No objection. In fact, it is a good idea.  One could write a test to
measure the performance effect, but I am quite certain that it would
not be big enough to justify retaining, and fixing as best possible,
constant folding.

Michael