Re: error from Magick being caught as warning

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: error from Magick being caught as warning
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:36:38 -0800

On 12/17/13 11:31 AM, Carnë Draug wrote:
Hi

I noticed some time ago that ErrorCoder exceptions from Magick++ [1]
are being caught as warnings [2] but I don't understand why. The error
means that the image can't be read so imvec is empty leading to a
segfault when trying to access its first element (does not happen in
imread which checks the number of images read, but does in imfinfo).
There is no attempt to an alternative image reading method (there's in
private/__imread__.m a try/catch but that's waiting for an error
anyway).

Why is this happening? Can I change that to actually give an error?

I'm also CC'ing Søren (previous maintainer of the image package),
Teemu Ikonen (person who made the commit [3]), and Andy Adler (which
I'm guessing to be the original author since he's the only copyright
owner of the file since 2002 [4] even though the first commit dates
2005).

Carnë

[1] http://www.graphicsmagick.org/Magick++/Exception.html
[2]