Re: CVE check for Octave dependencies

From: c.
Subject: Re: CVE check for Octave dependencies
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 10:24:11 +0100

On 19 Dec 2013, at 08:54, Reza Housseini <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think dependencies of dependencies shouldn't be on the list (will be
> resolved when user is installing the dependencies).

They will be resolved automatically if using a package manager like macports,
but I know at least one core developer who stronly opposes
using a package manager to build Octave binaries on OSX. In the latter case
knowing all build- and run-time dependencies is useful info.

In any case here is a (much shorter) list including direct dependencies only:

$ sudo port installed and depof:octave-next
+atlas+gcc47-x11+no_x11-aquaterm-metis-wxwidgets+qt and active | sed
's/(active)//g'
Password:
  arpack @3.1.3_0+atlas+gcc47
  atlas @3.10.1_5+gcc47
  bison @2.7.1_0
  curl @7.33.0_0+ssl
  epstool @3.08_6
  fftw-3 @3.3.3_5+gcc47
  fftw-3-single @3.3.3_5+gcc47
  flex @2.5.37_1
  gawk @4.1.0_0
  ghostscript @9.10_1+no_x11
  glpk @4.48_0
  gnuplot @4.6.4_1+luaterm+pangocairo+qt
  gperf @3.0.4_2
  GraphicsMagick @1.3.18_0+q8
  grep @2.14_0
  gsed @4.2.2_0
  hdf5-18 @1.8.11_0+cxx+gcc47
  less @458_0
  libgcc @4.8.2_0
  ncurses @5.9_2
  pcre @8.33_0
  perl5 @5.12.4_0+perl5_12
  pstoedit @3.61_3
  qhull @2012.1_2
  qrupdate @1.1.2_2+atlas+gcc47
  qscintilla @2.7.2_0
  readline @6.2.000_0
  SuiteSparse @4.2.1_0+atlas
  zlib @1.2.8_0

Notice that this list applies when building from a released tarball, building
from mercurial will require more stuff (at least latex to build the docs).
c.