Re: About jit_enable function behavior

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: About jit_enable function behavior
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:18:18 -0500

On 12/19/2013 10:38 AM, Markus Appel wrote:
On 12/19/2013 12:26 PM, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
Hello:

Reading the help I've seen that jit_enable function needs an argument
in order to activate/deactivare the JIT at runtime. Also, when it is
called without arguments, the current status is returned.

In order to match other functions in octave as 'grid' or 'hold', I
think it could be nice that the using of git where toggled between
on/off when jit_enable were called without arguments

Counter-example of functions not switching state, but returning the current state without argument:
debug_on_error
debug_on_warning
debug_on_interrupt
page_screen_output
svd_driver

I think jit_enable is closer to these functions than to grid or hold.

Regards,
Markus
Right.

Michael