Re: Native MXE stops at qt

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Native MXE stops at qt
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 15:18:01 -0800 (PST)

John Donoghue-2 wrote
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 10:23:27 -0800 (PST)
> From: Philip Nienhuis <

> address@hidden

> octave-maintainers@

> Subject: Native MXE stops at qt [WAS: Re: Is the 3.8 "release ?
>       official? -     mingw installer]

> address@hidden

> John Donoghue-2 wrote
>> :
>>
> <snip>
>> :
>> I updated the installer a few weeks ago with the changes from Anirudha
>> that related to mingw as well as a few of my own. It doesn't create a
>> desktop icon at the moment, but is easy to add. It does create the
>> start menu icons, documentation shortcuts etc. Currently the 'main'
>> octave shortcut runs the cli version of octave, with an additional
>> shortcut called Experimental GUI.
>> I don't know if anyone else has gotten a chance to try it out.
>
> I just pulled & updated my MinGW (native) mxe-octave and got this:

> [build]    qt
>
> Failed to build package qt!
> # in addition, .pc files have the wrong paths, mangled lib names if [
> "yes"
> = yes -a "mingw" != msvc ]; then find
> /home/Philip/mxe-octave/tmp-qt/qt-everywhere-openso
> urce-src-4.8.3/lib/pkgconfig/*.pc -exec sed -i -e
> 's,\(.*\)_location=.*,\1_location=${prefix}/bin/\1
> ,g' -e 's,\(Libs:.* -l\).*[\\/]\([A-Za-z0-9]*\),\1\2,g' '{}' ';' ; install
> -d '/home/Philip/mxe-octa
> ve/tmp-qt-install/home/Philip/mxe-octave/usr/lib/pkgconfig'; cp -f
> '/home/Philip/mxe-octave/tmp-qt/q
> t-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.3/lib/pkgconfig/'*.pc
> '/home/Philip/mxe-octave/tmp-qt-install/home/P
> hilip/mxe-octave/usr/lib/pkgconfig/'; fi
> find:
> `/home/Philip/mxe-octave/tmp-qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.3/lib/pkgco
> nfig/*.pc':
> No suc
> h file or directory
> cp: cannot stat
> `/home/Philip/mxe-octave/tmp-qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.3/lib/pkgco
> nfig/*.p
> c': No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [build-only-qt] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Philip/mxe-octave'
> real    7m34.593s
> user    0m26.078s
> sys     0m48.095s
> [log]      /home/Philip/mxe-octave/log/qt
>
> make: *** [/home/Philip/mxe-octave/installed-packages/qt] Error 1

> Native build never get past qt here. In contrast, cross-builds perform
> smooth and flawlessly.
>
> I investigated the above error but couldn't find why the paths are wrong.
>
> Perhaps the tools/set_mxe_env.sh script doesn't seem to get called as
> there's no MXE-OCTAVE_ENV environment setting after the build stops at qt
> -
> but maybe that is set within mk-dist itself?
>
> Philip
>
> -----

> [...]

Thanks for the reply.
How many threads do you specify for ./mk-dist? (the --jobs param)

Where is MXE-OCTAVE_ENV set? (seeems to be required for set_mxe_env.sh to do
anything useful, but AFAICS it isn't set.)

I also manually set/exported the stuff in set_mxe_env.sh, to no avail.

Maybe I'll start over with a fresh clone.

$ gcc --version
gcc.exe (GCC) 4.7.2
.... is that recent enough?

Philip