Re: mxe-octave stable-octave

From: Thorsten Liebig
Subject: Re: mxe-octave stable-octave
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 20:26:54 +0100

Thanks for the update, I have build the stable version without any problems.
But I have not had the time to test it on some windows machine.
If anybody is interested, you can download it here:
http://www.openems.de/download/octave/octave-3.8.0.exe

Btw: The mk-dist script should create a more suitable name? octave-installer.exe is a bit too generic for my taste...
And the name for the portable zip version ("stable-octave-2014-01-02-12-02.zip") is even more stupid?
Maybe just "octave-3.8.0.zip" ?

Will there be a official windows build for download on octave.org soon?
IMO it is a big mistake that there is still nothing to download for all the potential new Octave users ...

regards
Thorsten