Re: inputrc ignored

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: inputrc ignored
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 09:19:25 -0500

On Fri, 3 Jan 2014 22:52:32 -0800, fgnievinski wrote:
> octaverc contains:
>

> I edited that inputrc file, restarted Octave, but it doesn't seem to honor
> the changes.
>
> The modified inputrc has the following contents:
>

> Any ideas on how to debug this?
> E.g., could readline_read_init_file be ignoring the input argument?

Did you edit scripts/startup/inputrc in the source tree or in the
installed directory? Are you running make install before or after
editing the file? Are you using ./run-octave or the installed one after
make install?

Octave only reads the inputrc file from the installed directory, not out
of the source tree, so you have to run make install at least once. And
once the file is there, Octave's install will not overwrite an existing
file, so you will either have to delete the target or edit it by hand.

HTH,

--
mike