Re: inputrc ignored

From: Rik
Subject: Re: inputrc ignored
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 09:35:54 -0800

On 01/03/2014 12:32 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Message: 7
> Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 22:52:32 -0800 (PST)
> From: fgnievinski <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: inputrc ignored
>
> octaverc contains:
>

> I edited that inputrc file, restarted Octave, but it doesn't seem to honor
> the changes.
>
> The modified inputrc has the following contents:
>

> Any ideas on how to debug this?
> E.g., could readline_read_init_file be ignoring the input argument?
>
> Thanks,
> -F.
1/3/14

Felipe,

I know that it does work because I use a pretty complicated inputrc file.
Several people offered good advice.  In addition, you might want to make
sure your version was compiled with readline support.  Also, take a look at
the function readline_re_read_init_file().  You can then make changes to
your inputrc and run that function within Octave to update it.  Note,
however, that the function does not take a filename argument.  It loads
whatever the last filename was, so if that is pointing to a non-existent
file and you are modifying a different inputrc file then there will be a
disconnect.  You could hardcode the path in octaverc to point to an inputrc
file just for testing.

--Rik