Re: Plot window minimized in Windows build

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Plot window minimized in Windows build
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 10:16:09 -0800

On 01/03/2014 09:34 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 01/03/2014 12:21 PM, Rik wrote:
>> On 01/01/2014 10:29 PM, address@hidden wrote:
>>> Message: 7
>>> Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 01:29:23 -0500
>>> From: "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
>>> Subject: Plot window minimized in Windows build
>>>
>>> With an mxe-cross build of 3.8.0 plotting doesn't work as I would
>>> expect.  When I create a plot, the plot window starts out minimized.  At
>>> first I thought it wasn't working at all, then I noticed a second Octave
>>> icon in the toolbar.  Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
>>>
>>> jwe
>> This is working for me on Windows XP.  As someone else said, the figure
>> window often pops under the terminal window, but it is always visible and
>> not minimized.
>
> Maybe I misunderstood what was happening because the plot window was
> completely hidden by the main GUI window.  In any case, shouldn't the
> plot window appear above the main GUI window when it is first shown?
> Maybe we are just missing a call to a "raise" function?

I think that is the case.  I finally got the GUI started on Windows again
and made it full screen.  Whenever I create a new figure either directly
with figure() or indirectly through plot() the window is underneath the
main GUI window.  Obviously this can be fixed because if I switch the
toolkit to gnuplot, it's window *is* created above the current main GUI.

--Rik