Re: jni.h file not found

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: jni.h file not found
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 02:36:59 +0000

On 5 January 2014 02:04, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 01/04/2014 10:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>> Message: 4
>> Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 19:13:49 +0200
>> From: Steph Bredenhann <address@hidden>
>> To: address@hidden
>> Subject: Octave 3.8.0 on Ubuntu 13.10: Include file <jni.h> not found
>>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I have managed to install all dependencies for Octave 3.8.0 on Ubuntu
>> 13.10 x64, but I keep on getting this message:
>>
>> configure: WARNING: Include file <jni.h> not found.  Octave will not be
>> able to call Java methods.
>>
>> The jni.h is present, how do I get the Octave scripts to "see" it?
> Steph,
>
> Start by checking the environment variable JAVA_HOME.  It needs to point to
> the JDK base installation, not the JRE installation.  The jni.h file should
> be located in $JAVA_HOME/include.

This may be happening because you have the openjdk-6-jre installed but
openjdk-7-jdk installed. Without $JAVA_HOME defined, Octave sees
openjdk-6 installed, tries to find its jni.h and fails. I'm unsure if
there's a fix that can be done at the level of Octave's configure, but
for you, try to remove other java stuff, and keep only one version.

Carnë