Windows installer

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Windows installer
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 07:43:19 -0500

John and Michael,

The latest Windows installer looks good. Thanks for all the work you've been doing on this project. Do you think it is ready to release? Or do you think we should wait until we can include compiled Octave Forge packages in the installer? I don't think that's necessary, though I'm sure people will complain about it since previous installers did include them, plus other things like a selection of accelerated BLAS options.

Should we make the GUI the default on Windows? I expect that's what most Windows users will want.