Re: mpi 1.1.1 released

From: c.
Subject: Re: mpi 1.1.1 released
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 16:05:21 +0100

On 7 Jan 2014, at 14:44, Sukanta Basu <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On 6 Jan 2014, at 22:34, Michael Creel <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> Is this new strategy robust to changes in Octave's internal data types? I
>>> think that Riccardo's strategy was influenced by a desire to make it easy
>>> to maintain the package so that any Octave object could be sent, and so
>>> that if Octave added or changed the structure of objects, it would be easy
>>> to keep up with. I don't know much about this, though, so perhaps I'm way
>>> off the mark.
>>> Best,
>>> M.
>>
>> Michael,
>> AFAICS there's not much difference with that respect in the new strategy,
>> I was just wondering whether it could have any sort of a performance hit ...
>> c.
>
> Carlo,
>
> I tested MATLES with revised version of mpi package (Cray CX1, ubuntu
> 13.04, octave 3.6.4, openmpi). I am happy to say that there is no
> memory leak. There is also no (negative) impact on computational
> speed. From my perspective, the memory leak issue is fully resolved.
>
> Thanks again for your help and support.
>
> Best regards,
> Sukanta

Thanks for your testing and the report!

I have already submitted a new version of the package for release,
where the same fix applied for sending and receiving arrays has been
applied to other data types as well:

https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/73/

unfortunately it seems the new package cannot be published yet because
the html docs look ugly.

c.