Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 15:40:31 +0100

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Ουτοπία" or "Καλλίπολις" would better reflect
> its development process ...

I hope this was a joke! How can a name that reduces the people that
can read it would reflect anything better? Same goes for odd packages
names lis secs2d and ocs, etc... ;)

I think is important to give easy access to packages that are
maintained and known to work, so I agree with Jordi and Carnë. As long
as the other packages are easily accessible (an archive) there is no
bad on removing them due to their doubted working state.
However if any of the authors shows that their package though not
updated recently, still works we should not remove it. I guess this
applies to secs2d.