Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge

From: c.
Subject: Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 15:46:10 +0100

On 9 Jan 2014, at 15:40, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
>> "Ουτοπία" or "Καλλίπολις" would better reflect
>> its development process ...
>
> I hope this was a joke! How can a name that reduces the people that
> can read it would reflect anything better? Same goes for odd packages
> names lis secs2d and ocs, etc... ;)

Well, the greek spelling was to follow the choiche of Agora,
using latin characters would also do, we could call it "Utopia",
"Kallipolis", or even use an english name like "Neverland" ...

> I think is important to give easy access to packages that are
> maintained and known to work,

Yes, indeed that was also planned as a specific section of "Utopia".

> so I agree with Jordi and Carnë. As long
> as the other packages are easily accessible (an archive)

If they are not listed they will not be easily accessible.

> there is no
> bad on removing them due to their doubted working state.
> However if any of the authors shows that their package though not
> updated recently, still works we should not remove it. I guess this
> applies to secs2d.

c.