Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 17:59:53 +0000

I have created a new section for unmaintained packages. They are
listed at the bottom of the packages list, explaining they may still
be working and with changes on the repositories. There are links for
the repositories and the released files, I encourage to still fill bug
reports, and suggest to join as a maintainer if they care about one.

While "maintained by the Octave community" is usually a nice way to
say "unmaintained", that's not always the case. Some are actually
being maintained such as signal or optim. They appear on the top list
of packages.

I know that release date is not a perfect indication of brokeness but
in the absence of tests and user reports, it's what we have. I'm sure
there's more recently released packages that are broken. If you know
of any, let me know and I'll change its status.

Everything is still accessible and can be downloaded easily.

I have also added a new section for packages that no longer exist
(merged together or renamed).

I had to mess with the php that deals with those pages, so if you find
any issues, let me know.

Carnë