Re: GraphicsMagick linkage error on Mac OS X 10.9

From: Daryl Lee
Subject: Re: GraphicsMagick linkage error on Mac OS X 10.9
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 15:18:49 -0700

On Jan 11, 2014, at 8:06 AM, Pantxo <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have the exact same issue. I think it may be related to the stdlib against
> which graphicsmagick is linked as explained in this thread [1].  Using fink
> for dependencies I can see that libc++ is used instead of libstdc++:
> $otool -L otool -L /sw/lib/libGraphicsMagick++-Q32.3.dylib
> /sw/lib/libGraphicsMagick++-Q32.3.dylib:
>       /sw/lib/libGraphicsMagick++-Q32.3.dylib (compatibility version 10.0.0,
> current version 10.2.0)
>       /sw/lib/libGraphicsMagick-Q32.3.dylib (compatibility version 15.0.0,
> current version 15.0.0)
>       /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
> 1197.1.1)
>       /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
> 120.0.0)
>
> If "otool -L" gives you the same result, could you try as suggested in the
> thread, to recompile GraphicsMagick using -stdlib=libstdc++ flag.

Thanks for the quick response.  I can't find a
'libGraphicsMagick++-Q32.3.dylib' file anywhere on my system (and I don't have
a /sw directory), so I just assumed your suggestion was correct.  Now my
problem is in implementing it.

In the GraphicsMagick build tree I added --with-stdlib=libstdc++ flag to the
other configuration options and rebuilt GraphicsMagick. Then, when I tried the
same thing building Octave, I got the same linkage errors as before.