Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge

From: c.
Subject: Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 18:39:35 +0100

On 9 Jan 2014, at 19:57, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 9 Jan 2014, at 16:29, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> xOn Thu, 2014-01-09 at 15:27 +0100, c. wrote:
>>> BTW, I propose to change the name of Agora. "Ουτοπία" or
>>> "Καλλίπολις" would better reflect its development process ...
>>
>> Sorry. I am testing a new web host that should solve some of the
>> issues. It's not exactly vaporware. I'm sorry this has taken so long.
>
> No reason need to apologize, I didn't mean to blame anyone
> and I'm sorry if I did sound so.
>
> I just think we should focus on finishing Kallipolis (ehmmm ... Agora)
> rather than mess up with Octave Forge to prepare for the "imminent switch".
>
>> - Jordi G. H.
> c.

Jordi,

BTW I see the code for Scipy-Central [1] is Free and available from GitHub [2].
Scipy central may be less appealing to the eye than Agora, but it has most of
the features we want in Agora and has been up and runing for at least two years
now. Should we consider setting up a working version of "Agora" based on their
code?

c.

[1] http://scipy-central.org/
[2] https://github.com/scipy/SciPyCentral/