Re: New optics functions, was: Re: Contributing to octave-forge

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: New optics functions, was: Re: Contributing to octave-forge
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 02:18:11 +0000

On 16 January 2014 17:48, Martin Vogel <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Octavists,
>
> it took me a while to get going, but now, I just submitted the promised
> functions for optical calculations following the Mueller-Stokes and
> Jones formalism:
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?8278
>
> All three subdirectories of "inst/" must be on the path, then "demo
> mueller_stokes" or "demo jones" will give you some demonstration what
> the library is about. Further information can be found in Wikipedia,
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mueller_calculus
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stokes_vectors
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_calculus
>
> I tried my best to have each function with its own documentation.
> As I plan to add further library functions (more elements, a different
> section for paraxial calculations using the famous ABCD-matrices, ...),
> the submitted code may serve as a nucleus to a new package "optics".
>
> I'd be happy to help as its maintainer, if there is a need for that job,
> but I'd need some initial help to set it up as such...
>
> Thank you all for an excellent job providing us with Octave,
>
> Martin

Hi Martin

I have created a repository with the basic structure for your package
[1]. I will need your sourceforge username to give you permissions to
push into it (or you can host it somewhere else and we can pull from
there). Until them, you can already pull it and commit your functions
(please follow the commit message guidelines [2]).

Carnë

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/optics/
[2] http://wiki.octave.org/Commit_message_guidelines