Re: Octave 3.8.0 and packages (Windows

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Octave 3.8.0 and packages (Windows
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 15:26:16 -0800 (PST)

ijourneaux wrote
> The octave 3.8.0 install I used from from
>
> http://octave.osuv.de/3.8/windows/
>
> It is installed into a separate folder but I do have 3.7.2+ VS2010
> installed on the same computer. I also have the VS2010 development
> environment installed.

There's your problem.

Chances are the hint in this thread / post can help you:

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Availability-of-GNU-Octave-3-8-on-Windows-tt4660544.html#a4661160

setenv (<environment_var_name_between_quotes>, "")
in that same batch file, before "start octave-gui", can be used to wipe
unneeded or obstructing environment variables.

Philip