Re: Unable to have get/set methods in classdef files

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Unable to have get/set methods in classdef files
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 20:40:28 -0500

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:26 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 01/22/2014 07:04 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 3:11 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    On 01/18/2014 11:05 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

        Defining a get/set method in a classdef file results in a
        parsing error.
        I'm not sure what's the best way to solve this, but John if you
        can give
        me a hint, I'm willing to fix the issue.

    Can you give me a specific code example that shows the failure?

classdef clA
   methods
     function y = get (this)
       y = 0;
     end
   end
end

How about the attached changeset?  It seems to work for me.  If it
works for you, then apply it and push to savannah.

I didn't see a better way to avoid duplicating code in the new action
other than using a macro because it uses yyless and so I don't think
it can be executed outside of the action context.

Thanks. I verified it worked for method definition and declaration (when using a separate file). I've pushed the changeset:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/fc0ce9eb9d82

Michael.