Mercurial tools

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Mercurial tools
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:54:06 -0500

On Sun, 2014-01-26 at 10:34 -0600, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
> The merging topic brings to mind TortoiseHG.

I heartily endorse thg to anyone who wants an hg GUI. It's well
maintained, cross-platform, and closely follows main hg development. I
use it infrequently for some things like inspecting the DAG.

I do want to say one thing, though...

> 2) Ability to selectively leave code hunks out of changeset.

The record and crecord extensions can also achieve the same effect in
a CLI or curses interface. The record extension is shipped with hg,
but crecord is in an external repo. I use them both frequently for
picking apart commits.

- Jordi G. H.