Re: Problems merging stable to gui-release

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Problems merging stable to gui-release
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:16:54 -0800 (PST)

Daniel Sebald wrote
> The merging topic brings to mind TortoiseHG.  I'm curious how many
> people use that.  It's actually kind of nice.  That is, I should say the
> 2+ series; the version 1 series really doesn't seem to be much and its
> interface wasn't laid out in a nice way.  For Windows, TortoiseHG is
> indispensable because, hey, it's Windows.

I've used TortoiseHg for a while on Windows but didn't like it that much,
the main reason (just personal taste):
Thg requires a Windows service running just to manage file icons in the
Explorer (file browser). I'm not very pleased by the plethora of Windows
proggies each requiring their own service silently started behind one's
back, occupying system slots, memory and whatnot even if not actively using
the program it belongs to.
TortoiseSVN doesn't seem to need that service to manage its icons.

Perhaps not convincing for others; just my .02 $c

Philip