Re: very small packages - merge into general/miscelleneous or move into

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: very small packages - merge into general/miscelleneous or move into core
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 10:48:15 +0100

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:41:34PM +0000, Carnë Draug wrote:
> <snip>
> Is there any way to move a file between two
> different hg repositories, while keeping its history?

Although my knowledge of Mercurial is not comprehensive, I'd think
that moving a history of commits between different repositories is not
possible, due to the concept. Think of file name clashes, e.g., or
even contradictions in the motivation of patches (e.g. if a function
was added although an equivalent function was already present in the
other repository).

Olaf