API change in octave_base_value::print (Was: octave_base_value::print co

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: API change in octave_base_value::print (Was: octave_base_value::print const-ness and method overload)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 11:44:55 -0500

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:29 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 01/27/2014 07:28 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

I thought also about that solution, but that's only part of the problem.
You're still unable to compile, because you can't call the private
constructor octave_value(const octave_base_value*).

OK.  In that case, I think it is better to remove the const qualifier on the print method than it is to use const_cast to cast away const.

I've submitted this changeset:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/bcd71a2531d3

This will invalidate all octave_base_value classes, which will need to change their print definition. The code will still compile, but the overload won't be used. I've fixed all octave internal classes.

Michael.