Re: changeset included in a particular tag

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: changeset included in a particular tag
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 23:09:18 -0600

On 02/03/2014 10:44 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 21:59:07 -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
By the way, newer Mercurial versions allow revsets in hgweb searches,
so that we could use urls that contain revset queries. This would
require upgrading Savannah's Debian OS, which should be done anyway.
Is there interest in this? If so, I could consult with the Savannah
hackers about doing server upgrades.

Yes, for my part I'd say that would be a great feature to have. Glenn
replied privately to me saying that that is actually closer to what he
is looking for, a way for a user (not a developer) to see whether a
particular changeset is present in a particular (tagged and released)
Octave version, without having to clone the repository.

I see now running "hg serve" gives me that revset querying feature, and
also a nice infinite scroll in the log and graph views, both very nice
improvements over what savannah is running now.

I was going to mention something along these lines a few days ago when I noticed that the default Mercurial server has something called "file log" which is a nice option for seeing the history of just a particular file. But that doesn't appear on Savannah.

I've just now gone to

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/

and did a search with a changeset from a few weeks ago: bd9d34f28b0f

That changeset appears first in the list. Selecting the line bring up the webpage associate with the changeset. Selecting "graph" then goes to the point in the graph where the changeset is.

Is that enough to determine if the changeset is in a particular branch? Or is the preferred result more of a yes/no type of command?

Is it possible to do a test run on applying a changeset if it is a diff file? Mercurial should complain if the changeset has already been applied.

Dan