Re: changeset included in a particular tag

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: changeset included in a particular tag
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 20:56:37 -0500

On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 18:13 -0700, Glenn Golden wrote:

> The question was whether there exists some "standard" way for an ordinary
> user like myself -- as opposed to a developer, who presumably has access
> to various Mercurial tools on his system --

There is nothing different between a standard user and a developer.
Just install Mercurial and answer the questions you want answered.
Anyone can download and install Mercurial.

> This is an essential need when filing bug reports: During his search
> to see whether the bug has already been reported, the reporter may
> come across a changeset that claims to have fixed it, or is related
> to it. Should he file the report or not?

Although this question can be answered more easily by making revset
queries via the hgweb interface should I get around to updating the
server version, you can currently answer it by installing Mercurial
yourself.

- Jordi G. H.