Re: developing the delaunayTriangulation class for Octave

From: c.
Subject: Re: developing the delaunayTriangulation class for Octave
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 19:29:03 +0100

On 10 Feb 2014, at 17:38, Linux User <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am very interested in writing delaunayTriangulation class for Octave. I
> have already wrote functions that create a list of neighbors for all
> triangles from delaunayn(), functions which sort the neighbors list in
> different ways, computes the surface vectors for all triangles, including
> surface area and direction, volume of the triangles, and wrote functions that
> plot the mesh with special numerical labeling for debugging purposes. These
> functions work in any dimension.

Have you looked at the msh*m_geometric_properties and
msh*m_topological_properties in teh package msh?
They essentially implement the same functions you mention.

> The next step is to package all of these functions into a class for Octave
> users, which I need help in finding documentation in learning how to do this.

To do this in a Matlab compatible way you should be working with the bleading
edge development version of Octave, wich implements classdef style OOP in the
Octave interpreted language.
So as a first step you should try to build the default branch of Octave sources.

c.