Re: developing the delaunayTriangulation class for Octave

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: Re: developing the delaunayTriangulation class for Octave
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 12:45:45 +0100

About the 2D Delaunay triangulation generation, there exist the
Triangle library (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/triangle.html), which
is by far the fastest implementation available. It permits also the
generation of constrained triangulation (qhull has not such
possibility AFAIK) and returns the list of vertices for each triangle,
as qhull does. The problem is that Triangle is not free software. The
last version was released on 2005. I have written a couple of times to
the author asking about the possibility to release Triangle as free
software, but I have not obtained any answer. Maybe some of the Octave
core developers could ask again about such possibility in order to use
Triangle in GNU Octave

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden
(o<