Re: developing the delaunayTriangulation class for Octave

From: Linux User
Subject: Re: developing the delaunayTriangulation class for Octave
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 16:56:30 -0500

Hello both Juan Pablo Carbajal and Carlo Defalco for responding to
my emails.

>You said you are a student, you could consider proposing this as a GSoC
>project [3,4]?

> My skills as a programmer are better suited to solving math or phyiscs
> related problems, like creating the method functionality for [1] and
> [2], not so much on creating the architecture after the functionality
> is complete. This is another reason why I think I am obsolete.

>Most projects proposed for Octave (exept maybe those related to the GUI)
>do require a good mathematical background, but to produce useful results
>you should have (or be willing to acquire) some non trivial software
>engineering / development / collaboration skills.

Google of Summer Code Projects was recommended to me previously. I
would be very interested in working with a team of developers over the
summer to work on Octave's projects. But I would like to have a
meeting with a developer to test me if I am even qualified to under
take a team development project, which was my main concern in the
previous emails.