Re: [forge] physicalconstants ?

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: [forge] physicalconstants ?
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 17:51:23 +0100

On 12/02/2014 15:31, c. wrote:

On 11 Feb 2014, at 22:45, Marco Atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:

Am I wrong or
http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/12548/

removed the version 2 that Carlo just updated, while in miscellaneous we have
the old version ?

Regards
Marco

Yes,

Carnë did that because he doesn't want a new package.
I would be glad to maintain physicalconstants but I don't care about maintaining
miscellaneous (and general upon which miscellaneous depends) so I'm sorry,
you have to stick to the unmaintained version of physicalconstants.

c.

so to resume :
- we had a physicalconstants standalone package for ages
- it was moved to miscellaneous as the maintainer disappear and
  roughly every four year we need a serious update
- we have a new volunteer and we stick to the old version
  in miscellaneous

Really, I do not follow the logic. I was assuming the reverse

I had already prepared the binary of 2.0 version for cygwin and I was ready to deploy the ~ 51 forge packages with the new octave
3.8.0 release. (I am only waiting your update of integration).

So now I need to re-look at the physicalconstants scenario....

Regards
Marco