GSOC Project

From: Sandeep
Subject: GSOC Project
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 06:47:48 +0530

Hello all,

I am a student in Electronics and Communication engineering at NIT Rourkela, India. I would be interested in applying for GSoC 2014 for GNU Octave.

My current field of study is comprised of image processing and adaptive filters. I would like to work on a numerical project, because of my experience with Matlab and also because it will help me improve my subject. I have gone through the list of projects listed on your ideas page for GSoC, and I have discovered that some of these projects have already been taken up by students in GSoC 2013. I am interested in the following projects on your ideas page:

-Generalised eigenvalue problem
-Various sparse matrix improvements
-Geometric integrators for Hamiltonian Systems
-Matlab-compatible ODE solvers in core-Octave

I would like to know if there are other projects that relate to my field of study to which I can contribute. I would also like you all to recommend a few short Octave projects to me which I can complete in over a week so that I can prove my skills and have a good chance of getting selected in to GSoC.

Looking forward to your suggestions,
Sandeep Mahanthi.