Re: GSoC Project

From: Eugenio Gianniti
Subject: Re: GSoC Project
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 14:28:59 +0000

On 22 Feb 2014, at 10:55, Marco Vassallo <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Eugenio Gianniti <address@hidden> wrote:

I would work on a numerical project, both because it would be more linked to my studies and as, this way, it could be valid to pass an exam. My professor already suggested me some of the projects listed on your wiki for the GSoC, namely:
- Incomplete sparse factorizations
- General purpose Finite Element library

Hi Eugenio,
it is good to see that someone else is interested in fem-fenics.
do you have any specific idea about how you would like to improve the fem-fenics pkg?

Not really. I’ve been reading the various to-dos: in the wiki, both on the fem-fenics page and on the GSoC projects one, in the mercurial repo and in the presentation you held at MOX. Anyway I can’t get a clear vision of the package future development, so maybe you might tell me what your ideas are and what you would expect to accomplish in the next months using my help.

Eugenio

Marco

- Matlab-compatible ODE solvers in core-Octave
- Improve MPI package

For my personal interest I would prefer one of the first two, anyway I am writing to the list in order to have your feedback on them, for instance whether you think any of them is more urgent than the others, or any other consideration you could provide.

I’m looking forward to reading your opinions and suggestions,
Eugenio Gianniti