Re: GSOC Project

From: Nir Krakauer
Subject: Re: GSOC Project
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:57:53 -0500

Hi Sandeep,

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Sandeep <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Nir,
Thanks for the reply. I have gone through the links you have sent me and they were very helpful. I have good experience in matlab script, C++ and C. I have completed a course on linear algebra as a part of my academics.
I have a few questions:
1. I have no prior experience with open source development. I have written programs as a part of my academics in image processing and adaptive signal processing. I have also worked on some private projects. I want to know how this will effect my application? However, I am ready to start right now and complete some small projects by the time of my application.

In general we are looking for people who demonstrate that they are self-motivated and can begin coding quickly if accepted to GSoC. Making some small contributions to Octave could help establish that.

2. Do I need to complete the public application template right now?

By the application deadline.

3. What is the list of numerical projects for GNU Octave in GSoC 2014?

http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas -- though, as mentioned there, it's not necessarily an exhaustive list.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Sincerely,
Sandeep.