Re: Missing functions from the MATLAB Image Processing Toolbox

From: Mahdi Al-Khalaf
Subject: Re: Missing functions from the MATLAB Image Processing Toolbox
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:47:05 +0300

Just forgot to include address@hidden in the reply.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Mahdi Al-Khalaf <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks Lukas. I was just about to write that I have found the package octave-image and installed it and it has all of the functions that I mentioned. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks again,
Mahdi Al-Khalaf

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Lukas Reichlin <address@hidden> wrote:
On 25.02.2014, at 13:08, Mahdi Al-Khalaf <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am an Electrical Engineering student and many of the courses that we take use MATLAB for computations. Now since I am a lover of open source in general and GNU in particular I have decided to use GNU Octave in place of MATLAB for these applications.
>
> One of the courses that I am currently taking is on Digital Image Processing and we are using the Image Processing Toolbox extensively in our assignments. Unfortunately Octave does not yet implement all of the functions that I will need for this course like for example "rgb2gray", "im2bw" and "histeq". So I have decided to write my own implementations of all the functions that I will need which are not yet supported. So far I have written implementations for "rgb2gray" and "im2bw" and soon I will have to write an implementation for "histeq".
>
> I wanted to ask about whether I can contribute my implementations to be built-in functions of GNU Octave and how to do so?
>
>  If this is not the right place for this question then I apologize for my misjudgment.
>

> Regards,
> Mahdi Al-Khalaf

Have you tried to install the "image" package from OctaveForge [1]? All three functions you're mentioning are part of this image package. Once installed, you need to load the package with

        pkg load image

Hope this helps,
Lukas

[1]