Re: GSoC 2014 | CUDA

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: GSoC 2014 | CUDA
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 07:09:04 -0500

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:18 AM, PrasannaKumar Muralidharan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am sorry, but OpenCL looked promising, but again its licensed is not
> specified. I cannot make sure whether the code will be distributed under
> GPL. I was really looking forward to it. AFAIK, there are no free GPU
> runtime available.

Free OpenCL runtime for Intel and AMD GPUs are in progress.

Could you give us a link to this activity? (please)

Till they
are in a good shape we may not have a free GPU runtime. Maybe OpenCL
with CPU can be used for writing code and debugging, once free GPU
runtime is available it can be utilised.

Hope this helps,
PrasannaKumar

--
DAS