Re: Project- GNU Octave

From: fgnievinski
Subject: Re: Project- GNU Octave
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 21:10:10 -0800 (PST)

varun chopra wrote
> Hello everyone
> First of all, Congratulations for getting accepted in Gsoc.
> I am Varun chopra currently doing M.Sc in Mathematics from BITS PILANI ,
> GOA.
> I took this branch willingly as mathematics interests me the most. I have
> learnt quite a lot in MATLAB.
> I made a Virtual calculator using GUI in MATLAB and solving differential
> equations using SIMULINK. Currently I am learning new toolboxes.
> i have read the project ideas under numerical and GUI and want to give my
> best contribution to it.
> These are some of the courses I have done in college. ( Algebra,
> Maths(1,2,3) , Graphs and networks , Optimization , Operational research ,
> measure and integration, Discrete maths, Mathematical methods )
> Looking forward to spend productive time under GNU octave.
> Please suggest me how to proceed?
> Best Regards
> Varun Chopra
> BITS PILANI, goa

Dear Varun,

Great to hear from you. It's always good to have new contributors.

Please read carefully this section:
<http://wiki.octave.org/GSoC_Project_Ideas#Steps_Toward_a_Successful_Application>
to find out what is expected from GSoC applicants.

It's good that you already have some experience in the Octave/Matlab
scripting language.

Based on your skills and experience, any of the GUI sub-projects would seem
to be a good fit for you:
<http://wiki.octave.org/GSoC_Project_Ideas#GUI>

It's recommended you try one of the very short projects available at:
<http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects>

Please don't hesitate to ask for help here or on IRC:
<http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=octave>

Best regards,
-Felipe.